Monday, April 13, 2009

Skiing in Washington











So, Kevin and I were finally able to go skiing..... Well, it wasn't exactly the dream ski trip we originally had planned... Let me explain... We had planned this fantastic long weekend ski trip to Utah, just Kevin & I along with another couple. We had our airline tickets purchased, hotels booked, ski resorts planned out, babysitting taken care of, bags actually packed the morning of departure, then........ I started having terrible stomach pain (3 days of it actually), so I finally decided to call the doctor in the morning, hoping he could just prescribe something to take care of it. Well, long story short, I ended up in surgery at Overlake Hospital an hour later. Turns out, my appendix was just about to burst, and I had to have it removed. So......there went our exciting ski trip...oh well. I'm fine now.

A couple weeks later, Kevin & I were finally able to go for a quick day to Alpental near by and then The Summit a week later. We still had a great time just being together despite the typical Washington snow (a combination of slush & icy patches). Not exactly the powder we were looking for, but we still had fun. There's always next year, right?!?








1 comment:

jhoopes said...

So sad about missing your big trip. Glad you got to go skiing anyway and I admire your good attitude! :)